- First, locate your PDC Server. Open the command prompt and type: C:\>netdom /query fsmo
- Log in to your PDC Server and open the command prompt.
- Stop the W32Time service: C:\>net stop w32time
- Configure the external time sources, type: C:\> w32tm /config /syncfromflags:manual /manualpeerlist:”time-c.nist.gov”
- Make your PDC a reliable time source for the clients. Type: C:\>w32tm /config /reliable:yes
- Start the w32time service: C:\>net start w32time
- The windows time service should begin synchronizing the time. You can check the external NTP servers in the time configuration by typing:C:\>w32tm /query /configuration
- Check the Event Viewer for any errors.
Sourced from: http://defaultreasoning.com/2009/11/16/synchronize-time-with-external-ntp-server-on-windows-server-2008-r2/